Monday 22 August 2022

Spell Revisions & Homebrew 2022

 



























Currently rewriting my Druid spells and while checking for consistency every list ends up amending older ones. Lucky one of my two 30 year vets of gaming with me has been helping me do the checking part. Have more creepy biological spell descriptions and strangeness. I even got a spell for making zombies finally so those evil druids can get up to more cool stuff.

Sadly realise my homebrew and blog are like 10 years old and I'm still working on projects I started then. I feel like I've made lots of the stuff I need and am a few years ahead of my players content-wise. My current spell rewrite for druids is more than halfway so I can make a book like my psionics one for this shortly. At this point Im thinking of doing a new a4 edition of my core book as it needs to be rebuilt. Later I will go back and use the digest format for for freebie versions which will double as player reference.

A Magic Book - Advanced EMO optional magic system
So when spellbook of 4 lists done the next project will be a Magic book which instead mashes all 4 into one a-z collection and new ones added so subclasses can have their own unique spell lists. Sadly making the universal list would also be a good way to check my current lists for mistakes in consistent wording. So same spell on each list is the same. I've also on re-reading finding spells in the same list and same level that duplicate effects too closely which means I can get rid of one. Ive made more spells reversible which makes descriptions longer. Clerics get the most reversible ones but I have a magic skill that lets you reverse spells on the fly when casting which has been fun. Currently, I let lots of my non-core spellcasters choose any of the four lists which instantly makes various elves and bard subtypes. Its been fun and easy but a possibility of my separate magic book approach is every priest cult would have own list, every wizard school, every elf subtype, every bard school. Possibly you could build these lists in play but it sounds like something that might take a few more years as an advanced magic system.

I will go back to finishing my digest format book once this done 

Possibly my character sheet also get an update and an extra sheet with room for pets and followers and property. Decided I need a size box on the sheet also. A monster book and book on expanding character options with lots of example subclass builds.

This is my dream line of books which most have some progress on between 50 to 90%




No comments:

Post a Comment

I love and welcome feedback but not spambots
Good feedback and suggestions inspire me to write more