Thursday 1 September 2022

Project Updates + Pulp Dungeon vol 4

 

Zine number 10 out on Patreon now and Druid spell book still around
11 will be out within a week I hope to get the schedule back on. 
After issue 12 my zine will be overhauled into a very different format and will feature specials reprinting collected old tables I can later compile into books. Also other stuff. 

Got a pile of old TSR POD stuff I will review and possibly my last pile ever. Will probably purge about 30% once I have extracted their useful ideas. If I could run ideas from a napkin I probably don't need a book. I'm finding certain series and years content is worse and more wasteful and less wild. My shopping will be dropping now as lots of my collections done and Im not even hearing about gaming KS in time or seeing much stuff of interest to me in my feed.

Im playing DnD5 Frostmaiden and my Exilon game and going for a third as I have 2 possible players interested so worth trying for one or two more players. Hoping to do some Kosmosaurs to help me write for it and then some playtesting of my 80s britpunk dnd setting or my post apoc. 

Pulp Dungeons Volume 3
By James M Ward. More 
I read the harder work to read. I think they have interesting inspiring room entries, some ok stories and ideas but it came to be a slog. Id be interested in the SF series and the format is interesting. Im not sure many of these as would be useful but lots of ideas. The weird dnd clone rules they use are sometimes interesting..

The Amazons Gold
Amazons in a wilderness setting under attack from goblinoids. You get to fight orcs and convince amazons of the peril and hopefully cooperate with them. Hopefully you can avoid fighting people your trying to help. Amazons ride sabretooths and goblins on wargs.

The Zombies Curse
Lots of weird rooms with various undead types. Actually might influence my monster manual when I have a go at it again. The dungeon oddities table is like what most of my work is. 

 The Shaman's Totem
Has some interesting rooms but I think is 3rd vol in series set in a dwarf ruin. Has quite a few traps and puzzles and bits of dwarf lore to use. The evil shaman has been torturing people and ripping out hearts yet they remain alive. This is quite a nasty and interesting feature. 

The Executioners Challenge
Players for being naughty or murder hobos can at anytime find selves here. The executioner seems to be a dekigod who abuses and exploits adventures. He gives them various warnings and sets them off vs the dungeon. Mostl round rooms. Turns out the Exectioner (an interesting guy) tests adventurers but also because he cannot do parts of the quest. Id work on it but some good ideas.   

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love and welcome feedback but not spambots
Good feedback and suggestions inspire me to write more