Monday 21 November 2022

Future Gaming Ideas














Has been a pretty good year for home and health and productivity in my underwater grotto by the sea. Mostly in the last year we went from playing my stoneage game conclusion at 20th lv and a bit of post apocalypse and some retro dnd modules squeezed into my settings. Exilon my ancient near east inspired fantasy has been the most consistent and players now famous nobles at level 10 sworn to the priest-king of Ikathon. They won the city success in war from the gods and new enemies have appeared on the borderlands. One of two death templar cities has fallen to barbarians of the waste and the Arcane Empire bringing vast armies closer to the unified city-states of Exilon. Did have some games of Kronosaurs too.

Ive played lots more most recently. I have Bob a hick scientist in a fallout d20 game sandbox near Austin. Also player Root as animal revolutionary but are also arsonists and bandits moving from town to town. Playing DnD5 Rhime of the Frostmaiden and so far doing lots of sidequests. 

Finished a long arc on my Zine on Patreaon and did lots of 3folds and my revised murder hobo manual. Did my druid and psionics spell lists as zines and working on wizard and cleric versions. A new draft of my homebrew system as an a4 book is probably next goal. 

Im currently working on Acid Lords of Neon Mountain and EMO zine 14 an Exilon special. Vol 1-12 of the zine were 12 a5 pages. No 13 was 120pg a4 monster in the new format. Possibly I'm reworking old content by theme rather than making lots of new content. Im revising Heavenly Haven a 
VIP Atomic VIP shelter mega dungeon for post apoc games for something. Possibly part of second Broken Hill book. Will try to get back to Shadelport suburb maps.

As its harder to get regulars or any games in the bust season I've started a 8week calendar of possible game dates to share about to possibly do some more weird one-off games over the holidays. Possibly some long sessions also. 

I have started my Auldwood campaign and using my most recent zine and my elf and folk books for extra content and all stuff on my blog. Currently running B5 on the edge and will go deeperin. Possibly will use some Midderlands and Rakham Vale books also to pad it out.

I keep hankering to play original Star Frontiers. I liked Kosmosaurs for some SF but the experience system changed the odds of everything quite a bit and I think probably 1-2 games with any characters best, Star Frontiers is simple. Also I feel sorry for the games hijacking and current dramas when it has one of the best fandoms before the current attempts to publish as a white supremist fantasy. 

I would be happy to run my retroclone old dnd or post apoc settings in a pinch for ant one offs and if they survive or get more than one use that's fine. SF horror with BRP quite likely though I am cooling off Call of Cthulhu and HPL fandom. I will do a piece on this as I cannot say it briefly.

3 comments:

  1. A few of my players and I have been talking about Star Frontiers and how it was one of our favorite SF rpgs from back in the day. If you're looking for a player, I'd be very interested in a session or 10. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. whats your location?

      oddly its something i considered running online as i doubted i could get anything going but i have 3 real world groups currently.

      Delete
  2. I'm based in the US on East Coast time... and I'm definitely open to online.

    ReplyDelete

I love and welcome feedback but not spambots
Good feedback and suggestions inspire me to write more