
Bloggger has changed how to add images, making it slower and tredious.
This is a local oldschool game con which is pretty awesome here. 60-80 guys and I think I saw 4 women - one admin and two in my games.
I got to DM 3 games as I realise i can dm for days but i cant play that long.
I done this for 2-3 days at other bigger long weekend cons and at uni i was in a gamer house where it went on all day for weeks playing Marvel or Cthulhu.
TSR Marvel is a fave and I ran secret wars 2 opening scenario which was the first marvel universe comic i got into that got me into xmen and new mutants (i was already getting moonknight, ROM and the complter handbook of marvel before this as a game resource.
Ive run this several times based on crossover events of the 80s.
We had seven players split into heroes (wolverine, Cloak&Dagger, Iceman, Hercules) vs villains (Ultron, Dr Octopus, Sandman & DrDoom who declared he was the leader).
Everyone herad a great cosmic power the Beyonder was in the area and a unknown gold armoured character with a lightning sword was trashing the streets.
Iceman rapidly ended up trying to stop a gas tanker from exploding but Sandman and dr octopus broke the tanker released fuel and I allowed Doc Oc to use his cigar to ignite the mess. Iceman went down but he saved the cabin from being vaporised in a frozen lake.
Doom stunned Thundersword so Heraclese went for Ultron to find he was pretty hard to hurt. Ultron hijacked a bus full of people and moved to Thundersword and the front of the bus was vaporised by the lightning sword, leaving Ultron unharmed. Wolverine hijacked a truck and drove towards Ultron and Thundersword. Doom was damaged by Herculese so backed off to construct a Beyonder detector with his damaged suit and then shot at the invisible force. Herculese and Ultron tussled and Hercucles tried to use his mace to crack Ultron's shell so other heroes could finish him and he and wolverine tried a team up.vs Ultron. Herculese damaged Doom who went to a tactical withdrawal a bit and none of his team were really working together.
Cloak and Dagger had a hard time helping car crash victims and Sandman and Doc Oc targeted Dagger. Spiderman arived and saved Iceman and managed to web up Doc Oc. Thundersword was knocked out and CLoak & Dagger tried to save him with a teleport. They then worked on saving civilians.
Doom confronted the Beyonder who became human as he was detected and various heroes like Wolverine and Spiderman detected him. Doom had his suit vapourised trying to boss the Beyonder around and Herculese threw a semitrailer at them and missed. Ultron attacked the Beyonder and was turned to stone and dead. Cloak got sick of Dagger being targeted and swallowed Sandman into the dark dimension..
The Lizard and a Sentinel arrived and then the Juggernaut. A player new the game well enough to grab the most invulnerable characters Ulton and Juggernaut. Herculese th rew Wolverine, and he was unconscious in a pile of wreckage briefly until he healed and then went for the Sentinel. Spiderman slowed the Lizard with some webbing but he broke free before the web hardened.
Hercules and Juggernaut battered away at each other.
Finally CLoak swallowed the Beyonder which was a timley ending to the fight. Doom tried to persuade Cloak & Dagger to come to his lab but the kids hated labs and teleported away to deal with the beyonder in some other comic as was the fashion of mega crossovers of the day.

Worked well I will try and do again.
A blind player pulled oud out early on when she realised was a tabletop miniture battle with roleplay but she and her helper and dog were back sor Goat Quest later on. I will remember to mention this in the blurb next time. Con team swapped them to something else fine but still had 7 players.
A blind player pulled oud out early on when she realised was a tabletop miniture battle with roleplay but she and her helper and dog were back sor Goat Quest later on. I will remember to mention this in the blurb next time. Con team swapped them to something else fine but still had 7 players.
Was enjoyable and a few were interested in digging up the games which has everything for it online. Its still the best superhero game ever. Maybe I will try Fall of the Mutants next con. Mostly I run as a non MCU game so this was fun.

No comments:
Post a Comment
I love and welcome feedback but not spambots
Good feedback and suggestions inspire me to write more