Someone made me tokens and a box for games. Very flattering thankyou Dave who also has been documenting my Theros/Ethyria games at Duellers Den. Game has just got to lv 2-3. My other game is 13th lv. My new EMO homebrew game is Lv1 and we are doing rule mods before play now as i rewrite my rules.
Oz Orc con:
Im running TSR marvel SECRET WARS 2 battle in los angeles opening scene (issue 1). Must get my buildings, models and bags packed to set up the battlefield. Must find old doc with my briefing cards. Players can swap between heroes and villains and if get a KO draw a new character. Previously a player as Captainm America talked down a bunch of bad guys with a rousing speech so not justa wargame. One time Mr Sinister was wiping the floor until cyclops appeared and creamed him. Big fun.
Also Running Goat Quest again and found same maps and painted some goats for the table and have goat sheets ready.
Long stairs i need to find my Australian infantry minis, select dungeon tiles and the most generic dungeon monsters i can find. Plus find my character cards I did in the past.
Now I'm rearranging my house for future life event im re considering the space needed for games. I use mostly use 1/72 and have ancients, dark ages and some modern civilians and post apoch figs. Lots of monsters and animals. I might purge some armies and reduce some of the numbers and think about how i can better store them or maybe set up space in shed and get my terrain building set up again. Oddly making terrain made me get into aquariums and now i have 50 frogs and cant use chems in the house now.
Other Games:
Im recycling campaigns I've done so a second Theros group has worked well and will help me finish lv2 of mygreek megadungeon. Ive also slipped in Caverns of Thracia even though the maps do my head in rather than inspire me. More sideways views showing how rooms line up would help and some secret doors poorly marked and one is very tiny.
My older campagn of 13th Lv have a very scary Medusa demigoddess with high DC to save attacks which should be fun then. One character wants to rescue his GF in the Underworld held by a Archon Lord the party hoping to score artefacts to fight. Ive also informed them all the 12 cursed monsters they needed to kill in the Labyrinth have had a few resurrected and the curse clock reset. They also discovered an underground (?) giant refuge with dinosaurs which some want to explore.
A great feature of Theros games is that I allow better divination results, and gods may intervene. If a player misses a session, a god swept them away and can return them later with some new info. In Ravenloft, the mists might sweep them away too. It's very convenient and works in these settings.
I was starting my Auldwood EMO game in a city, and while on the coast road to Auldwood, they found Saltmarsh so that will be a few sessions and might derail all my plans. I can see them getting a ship and going to sea. Im using the original module for dungeons and the 5th ed book for the town, which is great. I really like Saltmarsh 5th ed and am disappointed so many youngins dislike it because it doesn't have ship combat or enough pirates. Personally, I'm not a pirate fan and im happy to have ship combat mostly narrative-based and maybe let characters command sailors to get some benefits to the ship performance.
Players in that group include a Wizard, a Fishman (prehistoric armoured fish) and my version of an expert. One of the class properties is lots of extra followers and the Baroness is a performer expert with a gang of zero-level carnies.
Ive ended up with 8 species classes and 14 basic classes. Species classes can change class to any of the basic classes. My players have 5+ years of experience in my homebrew ive been using since 2012 when i started this blog. This blog was a place i worked on my design and prep. Im not sure if humans read it much now but I am recycling old content from here i made but may not have used, and I have years of material here. Life is busy currently and getting time to write is harder, and I dont really need many new ideas. Also Im gaming lots so I don't fantasise about playing more games.
No comments:
Post a Comment
I love and welcome feedback but not spambots
Good feedback and suggestions inspire me to write more