Wednesday 13 April 2022

Music for Cthulhu






















So in my games, I don't often use sound fx. In Call of Cthulhu I occasionally showed some scenes from film a film version of a HPL story. So I made playlists but most often I would put on a bunch of happy pop jazz on the start of a game in the real world. Possibly some classical or some jazz for more low key investigation music might be a good one. The final one was all darkwave ambient mythos inspired tracks which are pretty good for any dungeon environment too. 

upbeat pop 20s
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gsxo1agB6SU&list=PLiPQbzF37X-5ubyRNs3r6m0AOnM0B6_kE

darkwave ambient horror
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pyFjXaKiJLk&list=PLiPQbzF37X-70sP2E83A1K8Fldl4eMnXd&index=1

let me know if these broken or anything
I will add new stuff I find below
Feel free to add more and comment

12 comments:

  1. I have a few cd compilation of Weimar-era music from Germany that I like to use for CoC soundtracks. I've also got a bit of French stuff as well. My wife has a bunch of Shanghai music from the same periods; someday I'll convince her to run CoC set in Shanghai...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
    2. i like lots or eras and kinds of music
      all sounds good

      there was a box set of jazz approved by the reich comp my record pusher wanted me to listen to it really was more wooden

      im a big krautrock and 60s french pop fan

      Delete
    3. and Italian 60s soul/exploitation film music

      Delete
    4. One of the CDs I has mentions in the liner notes how much Göring hated one of the tracks.

      Delete
    5. well that is high praise for any work

      Delete
  2. Nice, I had to bookmark those. Do you have a recommendation for how to pipe those through to an online gaming session?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wrote a blog post recently about the music we played during D&D and other fantasy games: https://themichlinguide.wordpress.com/2022/02/03/music-hath-charms-as-it-was-played-old-school-gaming-atmosphere/

    ReplyDelete
  4. found this
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oWCFgU0yfJ0

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That first piece, O Fortuna, is the opening of Carl Orff's cantata Carmina Burana. It's an amazing piece of music.

      Delete
    2. yes good for an apocalypse

      Delete

I love and welcome feedback but not spambots
Good feedback and suggestions inspire me to write more