So my weekly game in Hawksmire came to a close. After liberating a mental hospital, they went to the source of the local memory losses and fought an elder god in a well. Then they went to the city and Ratrump made plans to marry the Domain Lord Chrysopasia. While preparations were made the dragonborn monk and drow light priest tried to undo the wish that made Chrysopasia love Ratrump, as they believed it would destroy the domain. As it turned out, the Dark domain lords were allowing the wish to work so they sacrificed some drunks they found sleeping in an alley promising them treasure. This was to summon the god they killed to get a wish to undo the love wish. The demon said fine but he gets to enter the Drow home dimension whenever he wants and they abandoned the idea and rushed back to the palace of Hawksmire.
Meanwhile Cal the bard broke into Chryopasia's library and looked for clues about her past. Seems at some point her tormented desire to remain beautiful and rule made her a domain lord and a shadow dragon. Making her happy was ruining the world designed as her prison. The dark lords were demolishing the world. Players did various divinations and found the world end would release many damned souls so they went along.
At the height of the rooftop wedding attended by local dragons and crowds all chanting Ratrump's name. The obsession of Chrysopasia got into everything in the domain so Ratrump was followed by ravens who dropped him black roses. Locals had been putting his face on every crafted object.
So as the wedding progressed, they say huge tracts of land were absorbed by the mist and mountains fly into the foid to vanish. Soon all were engulfed in mist.
Threekay the Dwarf Cleric was sent home to Faerun as he went from being disinterested of the suffering of commoners to aiding them. He had tried to be the party moral compass.
The Dragonborn monk was innocent and had no memories so she also returnerd to Faerun.
Uranus the star druid had tried to not be involved in murder hobo antics and was returned to his forest.
Cal the bard was released also as he tried to guide the party even trying to cast suggestion to "not be stupid".
The Drow cleric got to flip a coin as she had made progressive actions but did murder a bunch of cops and that sacrifice business imperilled her soul. So she was sent to another domain.
Ratrum soon joined her as he loved this dark domain stuff and trully wanted to marry Chrysopasia and reform her. His damnation was to be separated. As he and the drow priest arrived in the same new domain, they walked into the mist to find Hawksmire as they were mist-tainted earlier. They returned to Hawksmire but everything was as it had been the day they arived and nobody remembered them.
A fun 4 month campagn and players enjoyed the final judgement, cataclysm and the cinematic wedding. Most players had never had a complete campaign wrap-up before so some happy memories I hope.
I will try Theros next and later my current Theros campaign will become a Hawksmire campaign. Not sure I will last as im a bit burned out again and studying and looking for work as I have some big personal changes coming in the future and I will have less time. People mentioned I should do Cthulhu but Im not feeling it and would prefer a more serious tone I dont think works with a drop in campaign. Ratrumps player will be running an official organised play campaign. Ive made great friends running this but I'm uncertain what I will do next and for how long.
One job im going for is a museum, which would be interesting.
As far as this blog goes Im working on a free draft of my homebrew, possibly only Lv1-4 or 1-8 with intent to do the full version and maybe start doing campaign books maybe a year later.
I have 3 con games coming up too.
If I get jobs Im after and study I will probably be more wasted and tired than I am now.
Had 150 in gaming books delivered interstate to a house i lived in 10 years ago which sucks.
Wishing my readers well and all the best.

No comments:
Post a Comment
I love and welcome feedback but not spambots
Good feedback and suggestions inspire me to write more